Rummy Game is one of the well-known card games that is played using two decks of cards and two Jokers. To be a Rummy winner, the player makes an authentic declaration by choosing and drawing cards from the two piles.
While one pile is an open deck that is created by the cards removed by the players, the other pile is a closed deck in which the player cannot see the card he is choosing.
To win the game, you must arrange the cards in the right sequences as well as sets.
In the game, the cards in every suit rank in ascending order such as Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen and King.
While King, Queen and Jack carry 10 points, the rest of the cards carry equal points to their face value (for example- 5 cards mean 5 points).
UNDERSTAND THE OBJECTIVE OF RUMMY GAME
The only objective of the rummy game is to group your 13 cards in the right sequences & sets. You can win the game easily by making at least two sequences consisting of minimum one pure sequence and the remaining can be any right set or sequence.
But remember, you cannot form a right rummy declaration without one pure sequence.
LEARN TO CREATE SEQUENCES
In the rummy game, a sequence is typically a set of three or more successive cards of the same suit. There are mainly two kinds of sequences that are created namely a pure sequence & an impure sequence. One of the most important rules to win rummy is to form a minimum one pure sequence.
- Pure Sequence?
To create a pure sequence, you cannot use any wild card or Joker.
- Impure Sequence?
An impure sequence consists of three or more cards including more than one Joker card.
LEARN TO CREATE SETS
A set consists of three or more cards that carry the same value but they are of different suits. You are free to use jokers and wild card while creating a set.
SIMPLE RULES & INSTRUCTIONS TO PLAY RUMMY GAME
- Rummy is played between a minimum of 2 players to a maximum of 6 players using two decks of cards. Every player is distributed with a total of 13 cards along with a random card. i.e., joker or wild card.
- Each player draws & discards cards to create valid sequences & sets wherein the players have the liberty to use printed joker & wild card of the deck to create impure sets and sequences.
- According to the Indian rules, if rummy player groups 13 cards in valid two sequences consisting of one pure sequence & more (sets and sequences), then he/she can declare & win the game.
TIPS TO WIN THE RUMMY GAME
- At the very starting of the game, create a pure sequence as you cannot declare without a pure sequence.
- Draw cards that carry high points such as King, Queen, Jack and Ace and replace those with wild cards and jokers. This will lower the point load if you lose the game.
- Avoid choosing from the discard pile.
- Watch out for good cards.
- In Rummy, Joker cards play a vital role, thus try to utilize them to replace with cards carrying high value cards.
- When you are all set to make your declaration, make sure by checking twice your cards before pressing the button. Remember, an invalid declaration can result in a winning game into an extreme loss.
JUST AS IT IS PRIMARY TO UNDERSTAND THE RULES OF RUMMY, IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT TO PLAY IT CAREFULLY AS WELL AS WITH FOCUS!!!